5th week -no progress

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

5th week -no progress

Post by ksatter26 »

We did find that the replacement CDI Polini shipped is incorrect. It is the CDI to replace the 2nd CDI in a 303 Dual Ignition system. I have a single ignition 303. All indications are the dual CDI cannot replace the primary CDI. Polini is on European Shutdown until the end if August ... another 2 weeks before the possibility that they will ship us a real replacement ( shipping time approximately an additional 3-3 weeks ... I MIGHT expect the CDI by mid-to-late September.

Chris informs me that he's working on the engine mount for the ThumpAir. He wants to get some flight time on the configuration. I had approached him about trading in my "factory new" 303 on a Thump. He said it was possible.

Still frustrated.
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: 5th week -no progress

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

That is frustrating, but at least you have assurance that the correct CDI exists (and will be on the way to you at some point, I imagine?).

I thought I had heard mention of a pinched wire on your engine, or am I confusing it with something else? If so, has that been rectified?

I am looking forward to hearing more about the Thump-air. I may go the same route and swap my engine out down the line.
ksatter26

No pinched wire

Post by ksatter26 »

The wires from the magneto tithe CDI appeared Tobe pinchedwhere they were routedfrothe CDI onto the case, but close inspection showed no problems.
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: 5th week -no progress

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Good deal. That would be terrible if you needed to fix that as well. Were they incorrectly routed by the factory on assembly?