Wicks Aircraft Supply .... Superfilite 1.7 oz Dacron

Here you'll find a list of vendors and makers of aircraft related equipment. If you've got a favorite vendor, one that's done a great job assisting you, please feel free to add them.

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer

ksatter26

Wicks Aircraft Supply .... Superfilite 1.7 oz Dacron

Post by ksatter26 »

Same as for Stewart Systems, 1.7 oz uncertified Dacron 71" width only $7.77 per yard.
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: Wicks Aircraft Supply .... Superfilite 1.7 oz Dacron

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Versus $110 per meter for the Oratex (as I recall)...a pretty heavy price difference.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

What's the difference in weight of equal size and doesn't the Stewart Systems require paint?
ksatter26

Post by ksatter26 »

Stewart does require paint. However, limited colors for Oratex and NO PRODUCTION OF THE PRODUCT (FOKKER Red at a minimum) "fir the forseeablefuture".
Mountain Cat

Post by Mountain Cat »

Stewart Systems does have a lightweight procedure that can be used. SS is not that heavy unless you get carried away with the paint. Just expensive! Final paint is about 350 a gal. A badland size aircraft will require about, 1-2 qts Eko-bond, 1-2 qts Eko-fill and 1 gal paint. Plus a qt of trim paint. Figure around $1000-1200 for the wet goods. Plus a bit for brushes, tapes, etc. If you are not wasteful, around $2000 to cover and paint.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

I sent an email to Oratex US distribution asking about Oratex 600's availability. Since I planned on using Oratex too, it being available is important to me. I sent the email last night. No response today, but hoping something will show up Monday.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

So, just an FYI - the sales manager at Better Aircraft Fabric responded. She said that Oratex UL600 is available in all colors. Lead time is 2 to 3 weeks after orders are placed. See the following thread for more info - viewtopic.php?t=268

Todd
ksatter26

Post by ksatter26 »

Yes. Janina said that there was a problem with production but it has been resolved. She just sent me a quote on the 2 color, half-naked F3. She also sent a description of "2nd grade" (possible small blemishes) and a quote on that solution as well. I passed this on to Chris and will go back to the Oratex solution.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

ksatter26 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:04 pm Yes. Janina said that there was a problem with production but it has been resolved. She just sent me a quote on the 2 color, half-naked F3. She also sent a description of "2nd grade" (possible small blemishes) and a quote on that solution as well. I passed this on to Chris and will go back to the Oratex solution.
Outstanding 👍
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Love it. I look forward to seeing how you like working with it.