9th week - little progress

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

9th week - little progress

Post by ksatter26 »

Tomorrow (Saturday, 9/16/2023) marks 9 weeks of suspended progress due to the no spark/CDI fiasco.

Earlier this week Chris informed me that the replacement-replacement CDI went of with UPS. It has not made it to me as of noon today (Friday) and I have received no notifications from UPS as to shipping details. I will fire off an e-mail to Chris to see if he has a tracking number.

I did manage to get the cowling painted and have sent off a check to Janina in Anchorage for my Oratex covering materials. I should see those in a couple of weeks.

I did manage to get the cowling painted and I will attempt to paint the "bumps" gloss black starting tomorrow.

IMG_1036.JPG
IMG_1037.JPG
IMG_1038.JPG
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: 9th week - little progress

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Wow, that cowl shines! Nicely done! Hopefully the CDI arrives soon.

I think you'll like working with the Oratex. Also, in my experience, the Oratex shipped much faster than they suggested it would. Hopefully that's still the case and you can make some forward progress.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Re: 9th week - little progress

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

ksatter26 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:30 pm Tomorrow (Saturday, 9/16/2023) marks 9 weeks of suspended progress due to the no spark/CDI fiasco.

Earlier this week Chris informed me that the replacement-replacement CDI went of with UPS. It has not made it to me as of noon today (Friday) and I have received no notifications from UPS as to shipping details. I will fire off an e-mail to Chris to see if he has a tracking number.

I did manage to get the cowling painted and have sent off a check to Janina in Anchorage for my Oratex covering materials. I should see those in a couple of weeks.

I did manage to get the cowling painted and I will attempt to paint the "bumps" gloss black starting tomorrow.

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG
Wow! Love that color!

Very nice.

Looking forward to seeing the Oratex going on. Great info from Peer on the Oratex shipping. Hopefully the same will apply.

Todf

Todd
ksatter26

CDI is here!!!

Post by ksatter26 »

The proper CDI, complete with 2nd harness bundle, showed up at 4:30 pm.. I hope to get it installed on the 303 tomorrow.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Re: CDI is here!!!

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

ksatter26 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:33 pm The proper CDI, complete with 2nd harness bundle, showed up at 4:30 pm.. I hope to get it installed on the 303 tomorrow.
Sounds like a busy weekend! Good luck on hearing some engine noise out of the exhaust of that monster!

Todd