Ign troubles

This forum contains builder discussion topics. These are topics where members can post messages to the builders. These topics will stay at the top of the Badland Builds forum topics for easy access.

Members are encouraged to subscribe to builders they wish to follow. To subscribe, go into the Badlands Builds forum, scroll down to Topics. Select the topic of the builder you wish to follow. Click on the wrench at the top of the message (right next to the Post Reply). Click on the Subscribe Topic. From then on an email notice will be sent when a post is made in that builder's discussion log topic. Builders are encouraged to subscribe to their own discussion topic so they will be notified when someone leaves a post for them.

At the very top of the Badlands Builds forum are the builders sub-forums. Builders are the only ones allowed to post in their own sub-forum (remember this is a log for them and others to follow, not a discussion area) - that's what the builder discussion topics are for.

Builders - submit a request using the comment, private message, or email to request a builder sub-forum. If we become aware of a build, in most cases we'll automatically create a builders log for the builder.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer

Mountain Cat

Ign troubles

Post by Mountain Cat »

Kind of puzzled here. You said one wire from the engine harness goes to the push button switch and the other side goes to ground? That seems bassackwards to everything I thought I knew. My opinion is that is why the starter engages when the battery is connected. The push button is just a momentary switch to pass the circuit through on to whatever. Generally the power wire would go to one side of the switch and the other side would go to the starter relay to engage the starter. I would do my best to verify the correct wiring before any damage is done. Just my worthless hillbilly opinion.
ksatter26

Re: Ign troubles

Post by ksatter26 »

According to the almost worthless Polini schematic, the yellow/ green wire runs from the relay to the starter switch which when depressed connects this wire to chassis ground.

I did find that my pushbutton switch was back-assward... grounded then open when depressed. HOWEVER, the starter motor engages as soon as I connect the battery even with the starter switch REMOVED.

I must have a ground somewhere in the circuit. Driving me nuts.
Mountain Cat

Re: Ign troubles

Post by Mountain Cat »

I guess Peer and I were lucky. The 303DS is a plug and play system. Good thing, my street italian is pretty bad. And you are correct about Polini's wiring diagram. If you could call it that.