Ign troubles

This forum contains builder discussion topics. These are topics where members can post messages to the builders. These topics will stay at the top of the Badland Builds forum topics for easy access.

Members are encouraged to subscribe to builders they wish to follow. To subscribe, go into the Badlands Builds forum, scroll down to Topics. Select the topic of the builder you wish to follow. Click on the wrench at the top of the message (right next to the Post Reply). Click on the Subscribe Topic. From then on an email notice will be sent when a post is made in that builder's discussion log topic. Builders are encouraged to subscribe to their own discussion topic so they will be notified when someone leaves a post for them.

At the very top of the Badlands Builds forum are the builders sub-forums. Builders are the only ones allowed to post in their own sub-forum (remember this is a log for them and others to follow, not a discussion area) - that's what the builder discussion topics are for.

Builders - submit a request using the comment, private message, or email to request a builder sub-forum. If we become aware of a build, in most cases we'll automatically create a builders log for the builder.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer

Mountain Cat

Ign troubles

Post by Mountain Cat »

That is what it cost Peer to ship all 3 boxes to him from WVa. I did ship it USPS insured so that added to the cost. I think shipping weight on the engine was 67 lbs by itself.
ksatter26

Re: Ign troubles

Post by ksatter26 »

I got a rough price via the calculator on the UPS Freight site. However Chris just informed me that a 303 was shipped from MN to KY for $85. Naturally I'll do more research.

Looks like it will be closer to 75 pounds.
Mountain Cat

Post by Mountain Cat »

I know its very irritating to have issues that you can't seem to get worked out. Peer's 303 ran great when I had it but it was just too light. I just bought a rebuilt 503 to put in the Mountain Cat. It's a pretty simple engine that I am familiar with. The Polini is still a basic engine but it a tighter package due to the electronics involved, and that makes it complicated. And the less than stellar instructions don't help matters.
ksatter26

Post by ksatter26 »

My engine was factory-new in the welded tubular steel shipping frame. However, it had the wrong size rubber shock mounts; several incorrect size hose clamps (and not enough of them); a miss-manufactured prop hub nut; a faulty CDI, and a wierd taped-up wiring harness (wrapped in several feet of black electrical tape covering the bayonet connectors).

I really believe my singke ignition 303 was cobbled together at the Polini factory. I hope London can get it running.