Vertical Stab

This forum contains builder discussion topics. These are topics where members can post messages to the builders. These topics will stay at the top of the Badland Builds forum topics for easy access.

Members are encouraged to subscribe to builders they wish to follow. To subscribe, go into the Badlands Builds forum, scroll down to Topics. Select the topic of the builder you wish to follow. Click on the wrench at the top of the message (right next to the Post Reply). Click on the Subscribe Topic. From then on an email notice will be sent when a post is made in that builder's discussion log topic. Builders are encouraged to subscribe to their own discussion topic so they will be notified when someone leaves a post for them.

At the very top of the Badlands Builds forum are the builders sub-forums. Builders are the only ones allowed to post in their own sub-forum (remember this is a log for them and others to follow, not a discussion area) - that's what the builder discussion topics are for.

Builders - submit a request using the comment, private message, or email to request a builder sub-forum. If we become aware of a build, in most cases we'll automatically create a builders log for the builder.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer

Mountain Cat

Vertical Stab

Post by Mountain Cat »

Normally your finish tapes (abrasion buffer and seam cover) are not shrunk per say as your main fabric. Just enough to remove any wrinkles and lay down the edges. Especially if your main fabric is already taunt. Shrinking your tapes in this situation would or could cause your glue joint to loosen.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Re: Vertical Stab

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

Mountain Cat wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:01 pm Normally your finish tapes (abrasion buffer and seam cover) are not shrunk per say as your main fabric. Just enough to remove any wrinkles and lay down the edges. Especially if your main fabric is already taunt. Shrinking your tapes in this situation would or could cause your glue joint to loosen.
Makes perfect sense. Trying to shrink something over something that already is stretched to the max would not be a good thing.
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

As both aircraft builders and men, I think we can all agree that we prefer to keep the shrinkage to a minimum. :lol:
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

LA F2 Flyer wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:50 am As both aircraft builders and men, I think we can all agree that we prefer to keep the shrinkage to a minimum. :lol:
I completely agree. I've lost a good inch and a half over the years.

Get your mind out of the gutter - I was 5' 11" at one time in my life. LOL 😆