Are You Supporting Ultralight Flight?

If you know of an event please feel free to post it here. The Announcements area is for active events. Send a message or email to the admins to get your even posted there. Past events are listed in Topics and may have videos, pictures, and comments associated with them so we keep them around for those that weren't able to attend the event.

This forum also includes a topic directory for FB groups and other forums that have been kind enough to help support our efforts so we point back to them in mutual support of ultralight flight.

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer

Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Are You Supporting Ultralight Flight?

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

Hey all, this is really important. Jim Pfarr, the chair of the EAA Ultralight/Light-Sport Aircraft Council is asking for our help. I got to meet up with Jim in early March. Along with some friendly conversation, we also discussed the issues with Ultralight flight training. Jim has some great ideas and a plan that would provide ultralight flight training while still allowing the FAA to remain at their current hands distance out of the regulatory part of Part 103. Ultralight flight has been on life support since the changes for LSA, sport, and recreational regulations were released. We really need to get involved to show that ultralights can be a significant part of education and enjoyment in flight and still remain self-supported and self-regulated. Please use the link below in support of getting the FAA behind ultralight pilots, Jim's plan, and helping to grow the sport.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/853198915148853/

https://www.change.org/p/urge-the-faa-t ... ion=search

Thanks,
Todd
broughtonkicks

Re: Are You Supporting Ultralight Flight?

Post by broughtonkicks »

Signed and Donated!
Thanks for Sharing this.

~Barry
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

broughtonkicks wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:35 pm Signed and Donated!
Thanks for Sharing this.

~Barry
Thanks Barry. I hope that Jim along with our help and others can get a little action on this subject. I saw it again today, a guy in Texas asking on the North Texas Ultralight Club forum where he can get training. It's going to be one of those touchy situations, trying to get a little change but not make waves either. Thanks again.

Todd
GaryR

Post by GaryR »

I also signed and donated but as I did I had the feeling that I had sighed before. I wish there was a way to check on that but decided it was better to sign it twice then not at all.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

GaryR wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:26 pm I also signed and donated but as I did I had the feeling that I had sighed before. I wish there was a way to check on that but decided it was better to sign it twice then not at all.
Thank you Gary. The more we can get to sign, the more chance we'll get the FAA and have a chance at getting some real training opportunities.
Stormin

Post by Stormin »

Signed the petition
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Stormin wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:03 pm Signed the petition
Awesome! Jim has a great plan to help us get training and still keep the FAA happy about our self-regulation.

Thanks again,
Todd