Sensors/Instrumentation Work

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

Sensors/Instrumentation Work

Post by ksatter26 »

Lots of adjustments after 2nd taxi testing adventure:

(1) Removed my 3/16" rod/clevis fork folded wing stays and replaced with 1/8" 0.75" L-angle stays. Seem to be much more rigid.

(2) added larger washers as bushings to the AN5 tailwheel axle and torqued down on the AN5 bolt connecting the wheel fork to the tubar spring ... also seems moe robust.

(3) Drained the fuel tank via the quick release coupling (big help) and verified that the sensor float was sending ohms to the gauge. Re connected the signal wires and verified the instrument works.

(4) used multimeter to verify that the EGT sensor was sending ohms.

(5) replaced the TinyTach with the SkySports instrument which displays RPMs and has a 14mm spark plug sensor ring for CHT display.

(6) I have a small EGT gage due tomorrow (Amazon) which will replace the dual CHT/EGT gauge.

(7) I also have a small automotive gauge (also due tomorrow from Amazon) that displays coolant temperature and system voltage. It will replace my small VOM gauge.

(8) repairing the hole punched in the Oratex just aft of the fuel tank by the aileron cable fork end when the folding wing stay failed.

(9) reset and crimped the rudder cable sleeves.

Weather crazy again, but I can still work in the shop. New Maverick hybrid truck due next week. Looking forward to trying it out towing the beast for taxi testing round 3.
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: Sensors/Instrumentation Work

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Kurt, did you check and confirm the diameter of the rudder cable sleeves? Of all the issues you've had, this is the only one that can be truly troubling. At the very least, give the pedals a good hard press to make sure the cables hold.

Looking forward to seeing a video of taxi test three!
ksatter26

Post by ksatter26 »

New sleeves pass the niccopress guage.
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Excellent - good to hear.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin