Final Instrumentation Fix

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

Final Instrumentation Fix

Post by ksatter26 »

With the cooling system reservoir relocated. I started up the 303, sans prop. I found that the small multifunction gauge (Tach & CHT) would not display anything. With some effort, I removed the small button CR2032 battery and found it to be a good 3.1+ volts. However, the negative contact seemed to be misaligned. I ordered a replacement and installed it this morning.

I ran the engine and took the throttle up to above 5K RPM. I also noted that all temperature readings were being displayed on the Instrumentation.

I was planning on trailering the A/C out to my Caddo Mills test site but we are under the wind and rain influence of the tropical storm battering the Gulf Coast. I hope to get back to the field by the weekend.

20240708_130108.jpg
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Re: Final Instrumentation Fix

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

Kurt, I can't tell you enough times how great that instrument cluster looks....because it's NOT a cluster! Some planes, the instrument panel is so packed with gauges that I don't see how flying them would be enjoyable. You've got what I think is a textbook layout, very clean. Very nice sir, and glad to hear you've got those gauges working.

Todd
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: Final Instrumentation Fix

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Looks fantastic Kurt. They finally sent you the right parts! As Todd said, a beautiful and comprehensive panel you have there!