Need info on 2Si 460 engine

One of the great things about ultralights is that they are even more flexible than experimental aircraft in what a pilot can and can't do with them (within the few FAA/FAR Part 103 regulations). Engines are a major part of any aircraft and many options are available for ultralights. This Forum is for that discussion.

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer

Jim Parker

Need info on 2Si 460 engine

Post by Jim Parker »

Hi,
As a new owner of a 25 year old Kitfox Lite, I need whatever info I can get regarding the engine on it. I have done much searching but found very little info. I know it was in production only for a few years but the plane was acquired in an estate sale and no info was provided re: the engine. I have contacted ZDE and got some parts for it.
My question is, is there any service literature available online or otherwise I can avail myself of?
It is a pull start from inside the cockpit. At my young age of 81 I don't have the physical strength I once had and am looking to see if an electric start is or was available for it. Any info would be appreciated.

I have fairly extensive experience with the Rotax 503, Rotax 582 and Hirth 2703 which is on my Challenger II CW which I am currently flying. I am a firm believer in 2 stroke engines and their reliability. They just need clean fuel and proper maintenance to be reliable.
Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Jim Parker in NE PA.
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: Need info on 2Si 460 engine

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Hi Jim,

there doesn't appear to be much available about this engine with a quick search. there is a Wikipedia page for it that suggests it may be used on the Aerolite 103, among other craft. Perhaps it might be worth reaching out to some of the groups or forums for those other craft and see if anyone has more information that they can share.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2si_460