F3+ Kit Pickup 9/7-9/9/2022

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

F3+ Kit Pickup 9/7-9/9/2022

Post by ksatter26 »

Wednesday 9/7/2022: flew SWA one-way ($132) Love Field, Dallas to MSP (Minneapolis). Picked up a Budget 16' Package Truck, one-way, 5-day, unlimited miles and drove to New Ulm, MN (85 miles) over-nighting there. Thursday morning drove to Chris/Badland in Truman (35 miles) where we had a great visit and loaded up the Budget Truck with the kit.
TruckLoad.jpg
The '16 Package Truck is somewhat over-kill. The fuselage is 16'6" and each wing (suspended along the cargo area side-panels) is 12'6" ... so not quite a fit for a much smaller cargo van. (Long-bed cargo were not available for personal rental ... but would have worked nicely, if available).

The 900 mile trip from Badland to Farmersville, TX was uneventful except for a rift with my bankcard company. The Fraud Office found the sudden Minnesota/Iowa charges to be "suspicious" and put a hold on transactions whic I was unable to have removed "after normal business hours". This meant that I could not over-night again on the trip to TX, so I drove straight thru, arriving home at 4AM on Friday (9/9). Unloading later that dayand returning the truck to Budget in Plano, TX
TruckLoad.jpg
TruckLoad.jpg
Attachments
WingsUnload.jpg
FuselageUnload0.jpg
ksatter26

Re: F3+ Kit Pickup 9/7-9/9/2022

Post by ksatter26 »

Should have edited the post ... the fuselage is THIRTEEN feet SIX inches not 16.5' ...