Cold Weather Crimp on Shop Work

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

Cold Weather Crimp on Shop Work

Post by ksatter26 »

I only have a small contractors heater for the 30'x40' shop ... lightly insulated but lots of gaps in the hydraulic hangar door frame. I'm investigating a larger propane heater. I have completed a few things on the project so I am making progress ..

(1) Started routing the fuel line. I added a T-fitting from the bottom of the tank so that I could add a quick release/cutoff drain connector. The other path is naturally to the engine. I'm routing under the seat and off to the port-side around the flap actuator. I plan to add the primer bulb and cutoff valve near the throttle lever and will probably place the fuel filter on the engine side of the firewall.

Fuel Drain Quick Release fitting
Fuel Drain Quick Release fitting
(2) Added the 2' extensions to the 10' sections of trailing edge in preparation for installing on the wings.

(3) Installed the trailing edge on the flapperons.
Flapperon Trailing Edge
Flapperon Trailing Edge
(4) Fitted the forward-most portion of the flooring. Painted black Epoxy flooring paint. I added #6 rivnuts to the floorboard and seat mounting tabs.

(5) Purchased a 1.75" flair-punch tool on ebay. Due next week. Will use this to add flared holes in the seat back and bottom.

(6) Added short L-angle aluminum brackets to the firewall to provide several spring anchoring positions for the rudder and brake pedals.

Camera battery charging ... will add pictures with next post.