Polini Thor 200evo

One of the great things about ultralights is that they are even more flexible than experimental aircraft in what a pilot can and can't do with them (within the few FAA/FAR Part 103 regulations). Engines are a major part of any aircraft and many options are available for ultralights. This Forum is for that discussion.

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer

LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Polini Thor 200evo

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Just a few quick thoughts about the Polini Thor 200 Evo from someone who hasn't flown theirs yet.

This is a pull start engine. If you have bad wrists or elbows, consider an electric start.

Also keep in mind that the pull cord may need to be routed in accordance with a cowl, a firewall, the engine mount or other obstacles.

The engine has a pull-knob choke on the carburetor. You may need to reroute this into the cockpit or to another location where it is accessible and in close proximity to the pull starter or ignition switch. Polini sells a remote choke kit, that comes with ONLY the choke itself. I ended up buying a universal choke cable on Amazon and (extensively) modifying it to serve my purpose.

More notes to come as I become more familiar with this engine.

Thanks for reading, and feel free to reach out with questions.