Warm weather -back to work

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

Warm weather -back to work

Post by ksatter26 »

Sneaking in some building time between Bowl Games.

Just finished clecoing in the lower flaperon mounts into the port wing. I have match drilled the upper and lower mounts and have the flaperons mounted (via clecos... both wings]. Current thinking is to rivet the flaperons to the wings after covering. (Thoughts?)

With the warm weather I was also able to epoxy the aluminum coverings over the mounts.

During rhe cold week without internet or TV, I hopefully finalized my instrument panel layout. I was given an iPad 6 Mini as a Christmas/birthday gift. The small size (overall 8"x6") allows me to mount it in the center (horizontally). I hope to use the split screen feature to run iFlyGPS and the nice Compass app.

I also have a 2" diameter Swift dual CHT-EGT gauge. The Polini 8x1.00mm EGT sensor probe (part # 938.830.014) is expensive ($72) and I can't find a suitable (cheaper) substitute as the depth of the exhaust pipe is rather small.

Hope to post pictures soon.
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: Warm weather -back to work

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Happy New Year!

I mounted the flaperon mounts first, then covered them. Either way works, but I preferred the cleaner look of the fabric covering the aluminum base plates. Did your gauge not come with both sensors? (Or perhaps it's the Falcon CHT/EGT gauge that comes as a package.)

Looking forward to pics of both the panel and the flaperons. Also the gauge sensor application for EGT. I can't seem to get mine to read, and am thinking I may have mounted it too far from the cylinder exhaust flange. However, there was an existing bung welded to the exhaust at that point which I utilized.