Fold-down Panel, et al

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

Fold-down Panel, et al

Post by ksatter26 »

The fold-down panel is progressing. I primed and painted the center brace, installed the wire fold-out stops, and laid-out the hole-centers for the various components to be drilled out (layout pictures to follow). Will probably prime and paint in flat black.
FoldDownPanel.JPG
I also positioned the battery on the floorboards at the firewall. Note the Positive and Negative leads carried thru the firewall. The battery will attach to the firewall with a large cable-tie. The 4 holes are for bolting the radiator mount arms to the firewall.
BatteryMount.JPG
Still working the engine side of the firewall positioning fuel-line and filter connections as well as the various pass-thrus (grommets) for Tach, EGT & CHT sensor wires, positive & negative battery cables, starter power cable, and throttle cable.
IMG_0705.JPG
IMG_0704.JPG
Still have not reconciled the 90 degree water outlet fitting problem. I ordered all the parts on the Polini Parts site for relocating the radiator below the engine ($140+) but in their infinite wisdom, Polini has manufactured the 90 degree outlet to accept a 7/8 id (22.2mm - all other hoses are 5/8" or 3/8") hose. I've searched high and low and only find one source (Eldon James) for a 7/8" - 5/8" id either elbow or straight reducer. The problem is that Eldon James is the manufacturer and only sells in minimum $100 orders. I contacted EVERY one of their listed distributors and NONE of them has the reducer required. Polini Parts provides a part number for the fitting but the description says it is 5/8" - 5/8" (@ $24) and I get no response from them about the REAL size. If anyone out there has any suggestions ... I'm listening.
WaterOutketOversize.JPG
Panel pictures to follow ... currently awaiting cockpit floorboards epoxy to cure ... not an especially pretty configuration, but seems functional.