Great weathercontinues ... more small things

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

Great weathercontinues ... more small things

Post by ksatter26 »

Still awaiting my replacement lift strut inserts. Chris is at the mercy of his supplier with no idea of when I might expect them, so I continue with small things ... wasting good mid-70s weather.

Spent a good deal of time surfacing and finishing (gloss black) the BADLAND butt ribs. Primed and painted the mounting tabs.

Removed, primed, and painted all the tail-feather flying rods. Will re-install and set the length to neutral position. That exercise will have to be repeated when I remove the horizontal stabilizer and elevator for covering.

Electrical system still holding 12.8 vdc ... no shorts or leaks.

Epoxied and riveted in the port wing mount doublers. Will mask off the #1 rib, prime and paint the spar ends.

Looking for a spot to mount my small Dual XGPS-150A USB GPS antenna. It's pretty self-sufficient, but I'd like to be able to see the tiny signal strength light. I'll probably mount it with velcro to the starboard side of the cockpit near the fuel line.

Installed the 3-point harness and tied the cushions in place. Almost mounted myself in the cickpit to do some imaginary flying, but i have yet to fashion my control stick, so that's for later.

Running out of small things ...
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: Great weathercontinues ... more small things

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Very nice. Did you get the cushions from Chris? And how do they tie in? Would love to see pics of them.

nd can you ever really run out of small things? :)
ksatter26

Post by ksatter26 »

I got the cushions made custom, on-line ... 4" trapezoidal foam back ( to move me forward) and 3" foam square seat. For some reason the back came in black and the seat in grey ... I thought I ordered all black, but they look good and are comfortable.

They simply tie to the seat frame with the material string ties sewn at the corners. About$100 including shipping from CA. I'll have to check the supplier. Will get pictures off soon.

Stocks of the Hysol epoxy are once again available via Amazon.
ksatter26

Post by ksatter26 »

Seat cushions (www.CusytomCushions.Com) ...

IMG_0795.JPG

Tailfeathers flying wires are 3/16" 6061T6 rod left and right hand threaded with terminal tierod forks from Univar.

IMG_0794.JPG

A nice small throttle assembly with ratcheting stops and 3' throttle cable from A/C Spruce. Will probably paint this black to match the control stick and floorboards.

IMG_0797.JPG
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

Looking great Kurt! I really like the solid rods on the tail and that throttle is pretty nice too!

Todd

PS> And yes, the weather being so nice, especially after getting slammed by the storm last week is nice!
ksatter26

Hangar Flying

Post by ksatter26 »

Hello Ground Control: Spin Instructions Please!

IMG_0798.JPG

Actually sitting in place to measure the length of the control stick.

Aligned the elevator pushrod and cockpit flaperon control arms to neutral.

It's been almost a month since I ordered my replacement lift strut inserts and almost 6 weeks since Chris contacted the Polini rep about my prop nut.
ksatter26

Color scheme??

Post by ksatter26 »

Possibly ... Oratex Sky Blue and Fokker Red or visa versa ...
BlueFuselage.jpg
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Looking good. I'm sure you are happy to have decent weather to work with. It's still been cold here, and rained again last night. I am ready for warmer weather...

I like the two toned cushion, actually. And the throttle assembly looks good too. The two tone should look nice. Now I feel lazy having stuck with one color! haha
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

The weather this weekend has been great here in the Dallas area. I'm sure Kurt got a lot done. So did I, painting the house 😟 However, that does put me one step closer to Florida and building my F5, and almost year round! 😊