It fits!

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

It fits!

Post by ksatter26 »

Managed to get the stb wing attached at the root. It fits with enough space to work both wings once the replacement-replacement lift strut inserts arrive ( hopefully early this week).

20230325_094442.jpg
20230325_094442.jpg
Attachments
20230325_094329.jpg
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Re: It fits!

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

Houston, we have WINGS! Looking great.

My fun this weekend, not nearly as much enjoyment.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 5.10.08 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-26 5.11.09 PM.png

I got a new fence, because the old one thought it was an airplane in the last big storm when it tried to fly away! :lol:

I believe, though satisfying having the new fence that your weekend was more enjoyable than mine!
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Very nice to see it coming together! And definitely a plus to have the hangar space to fit both wings at the same time. You are getting close to covering it, it looks like. Have you weighed it yet, just to see where you are at so far?
ksatter26

Post by ksatter26 »

Not as close as it would appear. Not having the inserts to install the lift struts is a killer. I can't finalize the position of the wings. They are supported roughly in place at the tips by shop stands and engine hoist and pinned at the root only via the upper spar/mount holes. So without the lift struts I cannot install the jury struts or complete the rigging of the flaperon controls.

It has been almost 2 months on the replacement inserts. 5 weeks until I got the mis-manufactured replacements. Pretty much sitting on my hands now.

Chris has not yet made the Oratex order. If I had those materials I could probably cover the tail-feathers and flaperons, but I'd really like to wait on the finished bird for that.

Still researching low profile air filters for the Polini. I thought ihad a good one, but the 62mm rubber mounting ring just would not fit the carb intake flange. Probably need a 65mm (low profiles are hard to find). I may try 3d printing a different mount.