Windscreen Mounting (with "trailing edge" stock)

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

Windscreen Mounting (with "trailing edge" stock)

Post by ksatter26 »

OK ... here's the way I interpret we go about mounting the forward section of the windscreen using the sections of "trailing edge" stock that Chris provides:

(1) I prepared both over0sized lengths of the stock by removing the external and internal plastic protective layers, then cleaned any residual adhesive by wiping down with acetone.

(2) I roughed the surfaces with scotch-brite and again wiped down the surfaces with acetone before applying a spray-can coat of automotive primer followed by a coat of my white enamel.

(3) As a test I then slipped lengths of rubber u-channel over the open ends of the stock and slid one end of the polycarbonate screen into the material. The fit looks good so I think I will go with this configuration.

IMG_0917 (1).JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

(4) I should be able to rivet the stock to the frame using the tabs Chris has provided.

I will probably hold off on this until I receive my 30mm propeller extension so that I can better fit the cowling. I can then use the cowling/windscreen mating area to obtain a better fit.