A/C weight

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

A/C weight

Post by ksatter26 »

Without the Oratex cover, cowl paint, iPad Air, and the 2.5 lb battery still mounted, the A/C weight comes in at 252.5 lbs. Any guesses on the weight of a half-naked Oratex cover job?

Still no Oratex and no sky blue sample for paint color match.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Re: A/C weight

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

ksatter26 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:08 pm Without the Oratex cover, cowl paint, iPad Air, and the 2.5 lb battery still mounted, the A/C weight comes in at 252.5 lbs. Any guesses on the weight of a half-naked Oratex cover job?

Still no Oratex and no sky blue sample for paint color match.
Are you going with a BRS to up the acceptable weight to (I think) under 279Lbs? Let's see, going with -

278 - 252.5 = 25.5 - BRS (can be found as light as 11 Lbs with an allowance of 25 Lbs) = 14.5 +/- .4 Lbs of wiggle room. That should be more than plenty for the Oratex and cowl paint.

Chris has some new doors he's made for the F series. They weigh in at 6 Lbs. I think that's for both sides. Since the doors can be removable, they don't count as static qualifying weight.

Todd
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: A/C weight

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Comelli makes a ballistic chute for under $1300 euros, that weighs 11 pounds. It may be the way to go to extend your weight allowance enough to keep you under part 103. I'm not positive what the Oratex weighs when applied as the "half naked" look, but I would guess around eleven pounds or so. It also depends on how sparing you are with the glue. (Thankfully it doesn't need much.)