Fuel Mgmt, Rudder Ctrl, Stb Wing TE

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

Fuel Mgmt, Rudder Ctrl, Stb Wing TE

Post by ksatter26 »

The battery charger for my Cannon SureShot finally showed up so I'll catch up on several of the pictures missing from a few previous posts ...

Fuel Mgmt ... I fabricated a mount for the fuel system primer pump bulb and cutoff valve. I mounted this to the stb side of the cockpit using nylon cable clamps. What is not clearly visible is the grey cable running from the fuel tank level sender behind the fixture (also with cable clamps) continuing to a small VDO-type fuel level gauge to be mounted on the instrument panel. The fuel line from the cutoff valve will pass thru the firewall (via a rubber grommet) to a nylon elbo thence to the in-line fuel filter and on to the Polini.
FuelMgmt02.JPG
Rudder Ctl ... I had on-hand a couple of stainless steel (sailboat) turnbuckles with 3/16" clevis pin ends. These seem to work well for the rudder cables. I had to bend the welded tubing of the rudder stop in order to set the proper travel. In order to provide a bit more surface area for the stops, I epoxied in two flathead screws.
RudderStops.JPG
Stb Wing Trailing Edge complete.
StbWingTE.JPG
All lift and jury strut parts back from Crosslink Powder Coater ... really look good. I'll picture them as I install.
Attachments
RudderCableTurnbuckle.JPG