Jury Strut Leg Note

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

Jury Strut Leg Note

Post by ksatter26 »

Just came in from final installation of the starboard jury strut assembly. Here's what I learned ...

(1) Do NOT crimp BOTH ends of the pre-cut 0.5" tube legs ... I did becase early on I wanted to get a lot of parts to the powder coater.

(2) The pre-cut lengths are pretty close but luckily all of them are slightly longer than you'll probably need.

(3) You can probably drill the 3/16" hole in the one crimped end, but I'd wait for the trial fitting stage to locate and drill.

(4) You'll want to fit and trim the legs in-place, THEN crimp the remaining end BUT make sure you position the crimp at an angle that suits the clamp or spar strut fitting. It is not always quite in alignment with the 1st crimp.

(5) The threaded shanks of the eye-bolts that go thru the lift strut leg mount clamps are a little long. The orientation is such tat the threaded end sticks out 1/4"-3/8" beyond the AN3 nut. No big deal except you'll be passing by this location often getting into/out-of the cockpit and will probably catch your clothing on the threaded end. I'll be filing mine down.

IMG_0884.JPG