June 25th 2023 Badland Virtual Fly-In

If you know of an event please feel free to post it here. The Announcements area is for active events. Send a message or email to the admins to get your even posted there. Past events are listed in Topics and may have videos, pictures, and comments associated with them so we keep them around for those that weren't able to attend the event.

This forum also includes a topic directory for FB groups and other forums that have been kind enough to help support our efforts so we point back to them in mutual support of ultralight flight.

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer

Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

June 25th 2023 Badland Virtual Fly-In

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

It’s time for another virtual fly-in! The Badland Part 103 Pilots and Builders Forum will host our second virtual fly-in over Zoom. Scheduled for - Sunday, June 25th at 2pm EST. Of special interest are two recent builds, one flying with an excellent report on how the plane behaved.

This is a great example of how to document your first flight.
(viewtopic.php?t=244).

The other build has very detailed build posts showing problems and solutions builders run into.
(viewforum.php?f=29).

We hope that Chris Deuel will have time available in his busy schedule to join us like he was able to last December. We encourage aircraft builders and company reps to join. Furthermore, we appreciate all types of flight and the machines that get us into the air. All are welcome to join because it’s not what you fly, but that you fly that counts! We can host up to 100 participants.

You can use your PC, Mac, Cell Phone, or tablet to join, and it's free!

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81923300918
Meeting ID: 819 2330 0918

To Join By Phone -
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kJlRSIOst
Meeting ID: 819 2330 0918

06252023_Fly-In.png
Mauntzer

Re: June 25th 2023 Badland Virtual Fly-In

Post by Mauntzer »

I really enjoyed the Virtual Fly-in today. I just joined this forum and am looking forward to meeting other ultralight enthusiasts.
My name is Wolfgang Lettow, from Pahrump, NV, and my username is Mauntzer.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

Mauntzer wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:34 pm I really enjoyed the Virtual Fly-in today. I just joined this forum and am looking forward to meeting other ultralight enthusiasts.
My name is Wolfgang Lettow, from Pahrump, NV, and my username is Mauntzer.
Welcome Wolfgang. I know exactly where Pahrump is as I lived in Las Vegas while stationed at Nellis AFB many years back. Glad you enjoyed the virtual fly-in. I really liked hearing about Chris's progress and new features for Badland Aircraft along with Scott's Thum-Air 4 stroke engine in development. That engine looks really promising. If you have any questions, get them posted. We try to respond fairly quickly. We'll hold another virtual fly-in just after Thanksgiving, early December time frame. Thanks for joining.

Todd
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Wolfgang, it was nice to have you on the call, and glad to have you here on the forum! Were you the caller with the electric Pterodactyl? If so, we would love more details and pictures if you care to share them!