Badland103Forum - Introduction

The first post is about how this forum came about and our goals for the forum. Please feel to ask questions. We're here to grow the sport of ultralight flight.

Sincerely,
Badland-F5 Pilot
LA F2 Flyer

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer

Badland103Admin
Site Admin

Badland103Forum - Introduction

Post by Badland103Admin »

How did this forum server come about? Well, about a year ago a certain individual in Dallas (me – one of the Badland103Forum Admins) decided that I wanted to fly again. Looking into the costs, it was obvious that the costs had skyrocketed since my flight training back in 1999. Instead of going PPL or LSA, I decided to go down the para-motor route. That was all fine and dandy, until arthritis hit. If you have arthritis in the knees, you know that running is out. Next up, how about ultralights? I wondered if those were still around. Looking for a nice ultralight I found many of the normal open cockpit (lawn chair hanging off aluminum poles and fabric) type of ultralights. Not really appealing to me. Just about to give up I ran across Badland Aircraft. Wait, these ultralights look almost like regular aircraft, just a bit smaller. Not only that but the Badland Aircraft are from the Kitfox Lite design, now modified, made lighter, stronger, and all around better. I had been watching and admiring Trent Palmer on YouTube fly his Kitfox STOL aircraft all over the country. Here was my chance to get a piece of this type of flying, in an ultralight version. Badland Aircraft offers kits to any point of completion as well as fully built ultralights in five versions. These are F1 through F5. I saw the F5 (titanium frame) and was sold. This is what I wanted. Now, to find someone that can tell me more about these planes would be a next step. That didn’t take long. I found a builder in California, assembling an F2 series with some modifications and ideas of his own. I contacted him. From that day on we’ve been talking flying and other subjects usually without more than a day or two between our emails, text messages, pictures, and even a phone call now and then. We came up with the idea of a forum for us, for those that are interested in Badland Aircraft, and for those in general looking to get into the ultralight sport. It took some time to build, but we’re up and running. We hope you enjoy the forum and spread the word. We do focus on the Badland Aircraft line, but we’re interested in all and support all ultralight current and future pilots. Notice the entry logo on the main page “Ultralight Flight” “Grow The Sport”. That’s our mission statement in five simple words. Join us as the building and flying adventures proceed. If you have any questions, please post them in the appropriate forums. You are also welcome to post questions here directed to us or use the private messaging on any of the pages in the upper right. Please read and follow the rules of the forum and enjoy. Thank you for joining us.

Sincerely,
Badland-F5 Pilot
LA F2 Flyer