Throttle Assembly Finishing

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

Throttle Assembly Finishing

Post by ksatter26 »

I got a really nice, small, ratcheting (adjustable) throttle assembly from A/C Spruce. However there were some issues with mating it to the motorcycle cable assembly as the ferrule on the cable end was oversized and would not fit that provided by the fitting. I drilled-out the hole/slot in the throttle body (to 13/64th inch) to accept the ferrule and added a set-screw to lock the cable into the throttle body (#30 drill and tap for #4 set screw).

IMG_1136.JPG
Machining.JPG
IMG_1138.JPG
IMG_1139.JPG
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Re: Throttle Assembly Finishing

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

How does it feel or have you not had a chance to re-mount the engine? If it ratchets, is that going to be smooth enough for very minor throttle adjustments? It looks good.

Todd
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Nice work. It looks good but Todd has a valid point. Hopefully enough slack can be adjusted in to negate the ratcheting action.
ksatter26

Post by ksatter26 »

The large screw in the center is the adjustment for the "ratchet". I can back off on the screw and the lever moves very smoothly, but I like the feel of the slight click on the lever that allows me to set the throttle and have left had free. It operates very nicely.

Once I finish cleaning up the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer, I'll be finished with the Sky Blue. I must have about 5 meters of the expensive stuff left. I'll start on the horizontal stabilizer and rudder Fokker Red leaving the wings for last.

Working on some sort of adjustable positioning jigs (basically tripod stands with lengths of pvc that get inserted into the spar tubes. Waiting on the tri-pod frames to arrive (via Amazon) next week. They were cheap ~$8/each ... I'll have to see if they'll be strong enough to support the wing. I'll post progress on that front.

Happy Holidays to all ...