New Guy

Introduce youreself. Please tell us about yourself. What is your interest in flying ultralights; do you have an ultralight? Are you planning on buying a kit or fully built ultralight? The more you tell us the better we'll be able to have discussions with you and possibly answer questions you may have. Welcome to Badland 103 Forum.

Check the Rules and Forum Story before posting.

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer

Darrell

New Guy

Post by Darrell »

Hello from Graham Texas
Looking into Part 103.
Have been building experimental for years but never an Ultra Light.
These Badlands aircraft appear to be a blast to fly. Perfect to bar hop on the Brazos River.
Darrell
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Re: New Guy

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

Darrell wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:14 am Hello from Graham Texas
Looking into Part 103.
Have been building experimental for years but never an Ultra Light.
These Badlands aircraft appear to be a blast to fly. Perfect to bar hop on the Brazos River.
Darrell
Welcome Darrell, and yes, the Badland aircraft are amazing. Chris Deuel has done a great job. The Badland aircraft have a long history covering several other ultralights. Over the years, modifications have been made with the latest from Chris. The long history shows that this design is one of the best. You'll find that many of the parts are interchangeable. I believe Chris has brought the design to its lightest and strongest level yet. The great part about Part 103 aircraft is the total of about two pages of rules and regulations. The drawback is that sometimes the limitations of the rules have to be worked around. It's a give and take situation. At the same time other than only one person in the plane, all other limitations usually can be worked with. This is especially true with today's technology. Welcome again, and please feel free to ask questions. We're all learning all the time and the old saying "the only stupid question is the one not asked" is very true here. Ask away and join in the conversations.

Todd
ksatter26

Post by ksatter26 »

Welcome ...

I'm in Farmersville, 34 miles NE of Dallas ... just off of 380 between McKinney and Greenville.

Getting close to completion of my F-3. I should be taxi testing and short hopping from Caddo Springs Airport by Spring.

Ksatter26 Build Log on this forum.
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Welcome to the group Darrell! Nice to have one more participant here. You'll find that the Badland has its roots in a few previous iterations, from the Kitfox Lite to the Belite.

I believe parts are also interchangeable to some degree with the Ridgerunner/Skyraider and possibly the Avid.

So what's your background in aviation, if any? (I, for one, have little to none until only recently.)

-Peer
Mountain Cat

Post by Mountain Cat »

It's official now, snow is up to my better judgement. And I am 6'. I do have an airplane in the barn, I think, except I can't find the barn.
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Haha, too funny. Well, maybe not for you. Expecting three days of rain here, but at least I'll still be able to find the garage!
Mountain Cat

Post by Mountain Cat »

It's getting deeper! I did make it to the mail box to clear around it. Wife had ordered me a custom stick grip and had to make sure they could get it to me. Dang snowplow came by and covered up the mailbox, driveway and me all at the same time. Now I know how people feel in an avalanche!
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

When you have to wear an avalanche beacon to go get the mail... :lol:
Mountain Cat

Post by Mountain Cat »

Moving south sounds better.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

We went from cold and rainy to even colder and sunny. I think I prefer the latter. Even on very cold days, a dark T-Shirt and Jeans work well for outside work as long as I'm in a sun, and there's no breeze! The only problem is when there is rain in the forecast, I had only a few things to do, now I have many more! However, I like being in my Avalanche.
2020-02-22 13.30.30.jpg
Oh, sorry, different type :D
snap.png
snap.png (74.39 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
Mountain Cat

Post by Mountain Cat »

T-shirt and jeans! You know how to hurt a guy! LOL! I look like the Sta-Puff marshmellow man just to go outside.
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

I am in a button down and jeans here in Palm Springs. It's grey here but nice and warm. 😁
Mountain Cat

Post by Mountain Cat »

We had a warm streak go thru today. The temp jumped from 3 deg up to 8 deg for a few minutes.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Twenty seven for a low tomorrow night and a high of 80 next Thursday....go figure!