Order Update

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer

Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Order Update

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

I spoke with Chris at the start of this week. He's getting so busy that he currently has an 18 to 24 month waiting list. If you're thinking of purchasing a Badland ultralight, don't be discouraged by this long wait. This is because Chris found himself a welder to help him pump out frames. Chris said he's a young guy but can weld like the devil. The new guy starts in April. That should quickly cut down the production backlog. The good for me part of this is that I'm now looking at May or early June for my kit to be ready for pickup. :D
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: Order Update

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

I wonder how far he is back-ordered? Good to hear he is doing well! And you are definitely picking up rather than shipping?
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

LA F2 Flyer wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:49 am I wonder how far he is back-ordered? Good to hear he is doing well! And you are definitely picking up rather than shipping?
Well I recall he said he can crank out three planes (F1 - F4) per month. I don't know if that's just frames, frames and wings, or complete kits. Figuring that in though with 18 to 24 months, that would be 54 to 72 planes. My guess is the three planes per month is frames and possibly wings. Then add in the rest of the kit requirements, which we don't know and those numbers come down. Wild guess, he's a good 10 to 20 orders backed up if not a little more. High demand, and Oshkosh is soon! He'll undoubtedly get more requests while there. Then add in the F5, which takes about a month all by itself. My guess is once his new welder is on board, Chris will switch to building the F5 and the new guy will take over the F1 - F4 builds. However Chris did say the new welder is a wizard, and very fast, so he may do the F5 while Chris bangs out the F1 - F4 orders. It's all a guess on my part at this point.

Yep, I'll be picking up. He seemed to be appreciative of that. He'll not lose the days of building for delivery travel. I have the means, so it's not a problem.
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Too bad you moved to the wrong coast. I would have done that road trip with you! haha

It definitely sounds like he's busy and doing well!