No flight

This Forum is specific to the Badland Aircraft F1 through F5 series of ultralights. Unquestionably the most awesome ultralight available. The F1 through F5 are an advanced design of the Kitfox Lite, the ultralight version of the incredible and very popular Kitfox STOL experimental. If you want information about the ultimate in ultralight, this is the forum for you.

Don't forget to check out Tech Tips & Shared Knowledge sub-forum below.

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer

Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

No flight

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

Bummer on my first actual training flight yesterday. It was clear in Middelburg, and very cold. I got over to the airport (CRG) about noon. The airport has a pagoda with a speaker broadcasting the tower controllers. It was cloudy, cold, and the wind was blowing. At one point, the cross wind was at 16 knots. My training was to start at 1pm, but conditions didn't get any better. The training turned into a classroom discussion over weather, sectionals, and similar, but no flying. The sad part is by the time we were done (about 2 hours), the sky was clear, it was warmer but not much, and there was still a pretty good breeze blowing. Bummer. I'll have to schedule another session down the road.

This coming weekend I'll spend more time on the simulator here at the house. Last week I took the 152 up. Flight check was fine, run up was good, all seemed to be fine. I pulled on the runway and headed up. I got about 700ft and the engine started sputtering. :shock: I was high enough to do an impossible turn and land back on the runway (mostly). It wasn't a great landing, but I didn't break anything either. I'm going to do a few flights this weekend and see if I can have better luck. My SIM is set up in full reality mode, so problems will randomly occur.

I'll also work to get the next lesson review out from Sporty's and EAA.

Have a great day and weekend.

Todd
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: No flight

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Bummer about not being able to take the flying lesson, but at least you probably got a bit more of a feel of the school (and the instructor).

Funny about the 152 engine issue on climb-out...I though you were referring to your discovery flight, and was thinking "Whoah! He didn't tell me about THAT in our last e-mail!"