Stb wing EasyPlot stripe

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

Stb wing EasyPlot stripe

Post by ksatter26 »

Finally got around to adding the topside EasyPlot trim tape to the starboard wing. Tomorrow I'll flip it over and add the underside stripe before adding a trim line around the wingtip to complete the starboard wing cover.

IMG_1203.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: Stb wing EasyPlot stripe

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Wow, the added stripe adds quite a bit to the look. I like it. Looking good.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Re: Stb wing EasyPlot stripe

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

ksatter26 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:04 pm Finally got around to adding the topside EasyPlot trim tape to the starboard wing. Tomorrow I'll flip it over and add the underside stripe before adding a trim line around the wingtip to complete the starboard wing cover.
Looking really sharp!

Todd
ksatter26

Stb wing about done

Post by ksatter26 »

Just finished adding the final EasyPlot trim stripes. Another good learning experience and a bit of luck.

The Easy plot tape rolls are EXPENSIVE.. With some luck, it took all but 6" of one roll to do the stb wing, so my estimated calculation for TWO rolls seems to be right on.

Technique ... DEFINITELY use the fixing tape to set out the boundaries for the stripes. I applied the fixing tape such that the EasyPlot tape overlapped the leading edge Oratex by about one-half the width (~10mm). I abutted the EasyPlot tape to the edge of the brown fixing tape working in about 6-8" increments.

I still have a few krinks in the leading-edge Oratex to work out with higher heat and the felt pad. It seems that if I let the structure sit in a cooler environment (we've been dropping into the high 30's or to lower 40's most nights) I am able to get a bit more shrinkage which helps to work out the krinks.

I hope to get that work finished by the weekend and try to get the wing remounted to free up the workspace for port wing work.

IMG_1206.JPG