Wing mount easier than anticipated

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

Wing mount easier than anticipated

Post by ksatter26 »

I got the port wing mounted and with some creativity got the flapperon hung.

As I documented in many previous posts, the IKEA wood table and 4 chairs have proven very useful.

IMG_1243.JPG

It really looks like an airplane.

IMG_1245.JPG
IMG_1246.JPG

As I posted earlier, I need to repair the stb wing root covering and relocate the flapperon cable and route/attach the port cable. I'll then have to go thru the entire project checking bolts, nuts, cotter pins etc. before a roll-out and another round of engine tests/run-in. I will also move the converted boat trailer into the shop at complete the tie-down mounts, etc. before trailering 13 miles to my Caddo Mills local strip for taxi testing before flight.
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: Wing mount easier than anticipated

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Looking good and seems to be very close to actually being in the air!

Funny...I just finished my tie down mounts today. Now just painting the trailer in prep for the next rain...whenever that might be.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

ksatter26 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:58 pm I got the port wing mounted and with some creativity got the flapperon hung.

As I documented in many previous posts, the IKEA wood table and 4 chairs have proven very useful.

IMG_1243.JPG

It really looks like an airplane.

IMG_1245.JPG

IMG_1246.JPG

As I posted earlier, I need to repair the stb wing root covering and relocate the flapperon cable and route/attach the port cable. I'll then have to go thru the entire project checking bolts, nuts, cotter pins etc. before a roll-out and another round of engine tests/run-in. I will also move the converted boat trailer into the shop at complete the tie-down mounts, etc. before trailering 13 miles to my Caddo Mills local strip for taxi testing before flight.
The plane continues to look great Kurt. Really nice work, and I love the IKEA comment :lol:

Todd
ksatter26

Post by ksatter26 »

Typical North TX weather with thunderstorms, possibility of winds, hail, and tornadoes, but I still manage to get at least an hour or so of work a day. Slow going. Controls all set and cotter pins inserted.

Working on a mount/brace for the folded wings that utilizes the tie-down fitting on the rear soar and the small 3/16" bushing welded to theframe at the base of the vertical stabilizer. The preliminary design uses rod end bearings, clevis forks, and threaded rods.

90% done ... 90% left to do.