OUTSIDE! ... but ...

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer, ksatter26

ksatter26

OUTSIDE! ... but ...

Post by ksatter26 »

It was supposed to be an easy, feel-good job this morning. The plan was to open the hangar door and roll the beast out for test loading onto my converted boat trailer (read: heavy, over-kill) to mark the locations of the D-ring tie-downs and the position of the tailwheel/spring clamp. The adventure began when I hauled open the big (10'X30') hydraulic door and found the "apron" was a quagmire after all of our rains. New item on the agenda ... contractor to pour a concrete apron. I put down some corrugated cardboard (then scrap plywood) for a "quick rollout". Main gear worked fine ... tail-wheel sank deep. Unfolded the wings and walked the beast out to at least get some pictures. Save trailer work for another day.

It was a real job getting the beast back in as the tailwheel kept digging in. (I have an electric hoist mounted on the far hangar wall and I attached the cable to the 3/4" solid tailwheel spring to crank it back into the hangar. stopping every couple of feet to re-center the tailwheel ... another job where an extra set of hands would be beneficial.

IMG_1256.JPG

IMG_1258.JPG
\

IMG_1259.JPG
IMG_1257.JPG
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Re: OUTSIDE! ... but ...

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

Real nice Kurt! Congratulations on making it to this point. Looking forward to more in the future.

Todd
LA F2 Flyer
Site Admin

Re: OUTSIDE! ... but ...

Post by LA F2 Flyer »

Looks great Kurt. At least the bird got a little sun. 😄