Virtual Ultralight and other flight (MSFS 2020)

Here you’ll find URL Links to Chris Deuel's video posts on Instagram, educational, tutorial, pictures, and links to videos across the Internet that are flight based. Feel free to add links of such activities you find and share with others. Note that non-flight based links will most likely be removed except under special circumstances. Discussion reply posts are encouraged.

Moderators: Badland-F5 Pilot, LA F2 Flyer

Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

Virtual Ultralight and other flight (MSFS 2020)

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

I've been looking into doing some virtual ultralight and other flights in MSFS 2020. This would include flight planning. Looking at short hops at first, then going for longer flights if the interest is there. Those that have MSFS would be welcome to join shortly after the first few flights - you know, get the bugs worked out of a flight. Eventually these virtual flights will become real world flights with video for both virtual and real world available on YouTube. I'll have to do some playing around with my MFSF on YouTube as I've never done real time streaming. Right now I have the Top Rudder Solo 103 and the Aerolite 103 ultralights in my MFSF. The Top Rudder is a bit strange to fly, but do-able. The Aerolite 103 is not so much to my liking. I also like to fly the Savage Cub that's native to MSFS. To me it fly's very similar to real flight, comparing to when I flew Cesena's 172 and 182 so many years ago (real flight). I would love to see a Badland F series in MSFS.
Badland-F5 Pilot
Site Admin

First Virtual Flying from MYL to Johnson Creek 3U2

Post by Badland-F5 Pilot »

Here's my first streamed virtual flight from Mc Call Muni (MYL) to Johnson Creek (3U2). Why do I do these flights? Well, they are fun to do and some learning can come from them for real flight. Most of all though, I do them because my Badland F5 build is some time down the road. While waiting for my actual plane, I can visit places I would like to fly. However there is no ultralight that has ever flown into Johnson Creek. I would love to be the first to do so and I believe that with the F5, I can do it. Only time will tell. So here's the flight I streamed. Note that at the beginning I somehow picked after 5pm, so the flight started in the dark. I had though I had chosen AM not PM. So time from 00:00 to 08:24 is how I planned the flight, using SkyVector and Avare. Jump to 14:15 where I dump the flight and start over, this time making sure I'm flying during daylight hours. If you would like me to fly a specific airfield to airfield, let me know and I'll see if I can get it posted.

I think future flights will be more subject and tutorial based. This was fun, but I'd like to produce something of more interest to all.

Here's the flight on YouTube.

Enjoy,
Todd C.
Badland-F5 Pilot